About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for an Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) for our TCP West Houston clinic – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients, as well as work collaboratively with other members of the health care team to render age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma or GED
• Diploma from a school of nursing OR documentation from the Texas Board of Nursing verifying an exception to the requirement for a diploma from a school of vocational nursing
• LVN License from the State of Texas
• BLS certification with American Heart Association required
• Assist in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
• Collect and document vital signs, BMI, height, weight, and the reason for visit, ensuring proper documentation along the way
• Document current medications, allergies, and other information
• Prepare patients for examinations per practice protocol
• Assist providers, as directed, during treatments, examinations, and testing
• Document all interventions per practice protocol
• Call in or send electronic prescription refills as directed by the provider
• Take messages and return calls from parents
• Assist with emergency patient care
• Keep rooms stocked with supplies per practice protocol and notify the Practice Manager of needed supplies
• Participate as a member of the care team by working for the goals of the patient
• Coordinate patient care by following up on lab results, ER visits, or any part of care that needs assistance
• Administer and document medication and immunization as directed, and document adverse reactions to medications
• Maintain and prepare reagents appropriately and document appropriately
• Coordinate with patients and outside labs concerning lab specimens