About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Systems Analyst – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will develop clinical/business solutions by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions within Texas Children's Integrated Delivery System.
The System Analyst is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of information system assets. We are looking for an individual with a strong technical understanding, communication and presentation skills, and eagerness to solve complex security problems. The right applicant should be able to work well in a team environment as well as independently. This position will develop and promote the Information Security Strategic Plan and Information Security Policies, audit compliance with Security Policies, and lead remediation initiatives
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• S. Diploma or GED
• 4 years experience in information systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate to all levels of staff up to executive-level management, customers, and vendors.
• • A broad understanding of cyber-security threats, vulnerabilities, security controls and remediation strategies
• • Strong technical knowledge in information technology, to include hardware, networking, protocols, files systems and operating systems.
• • Information Security-related certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH, Security+, etc)
• • Be available for on-call duty on a periodic basis
• • Project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation, leadership, team building, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications, and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Translates users’ needs into detailed requirement specifications
• Assists users in determining specific requirements to increase system effectiveness
• Analyze and evaluate existing and /or proposed systems
• Document the “as is” the “to be” clinical/business processes
• Assists in vendor analysis and selection
• Investigate alternative solutions including feasibility studies using results from vendor analysis/evaluations
Supports the system installation through the implementation cycle
• Provides input to project implementation plan
• Develop, schedule, and facilitate test plans for hardware, network, integration, user acceptance, and parallel usage
• Develop procedures for downtime, end-users, production, and help desk
• Develop training programs and materials/documentation for all user types
• Review and test systems for conformance to functional and performance requirements
• Prepares accurate and timely status reports for management
• Identify the impacts and dependencies of the new system
• Demonstrate efficiencies of the new system and provide feedback to teams
• Assists users to ensure a smooth transition of system responsibilities to support
• Act as a primary facilitator for small and less complex implementations.
Performs configuration analysis for system design associated with small and less complex projects
• Facilitates design analysis with users to determine the configuration for the user interface
• Specifies the design decisions in an accurate and testable manner for developers and database analysts
• Identifies and documents the data sources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance (including data conversion requirements and how start-up data will be collected for implementation)
• Assists with the design of user procedures
Analyzes system problems and modifications
• Analyzes use of existing systems to identify and resolve problems
• Evaluates business procedures and problems for process improvement
• Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize advantages of existing resources
• Assists users to resolve problems with application use
• Performs application maintenance activities on IS supported applications
• Documents issues, activities, and solutions employing standard methodology and utilities
Coordinates implementation and upgrades of systems
• Coordinates the upgrade schedules with vendors and users across the Integrated Delivery System
• Assists with upgrade testing
• Analyzes impact on users and determines if additional training is required
• Communicates with vendors to address problems and resolutions
• Schedules sessions with users to view new systems and upgrade
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
· 2 years or more experience troubleshooting and operating integrated and stand-alone AV equipment (including digital and analog gear).
· 1+ years of experience administering AV systems and supporting projects ranging from huddle spaces to large conference room, Specialty spaces, Training Rooms, Boardrooms and Auditoriums.
· 1+ years of experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Teams, WebEx and Zoom, specifically in meeting spaces. This includes different Live Events, Webinars and Meetings products for each.
· 1+ years of customer service experience, including Executive meetings/event support.
· Understanding and practical implementation of networking protocols and data flow as pertains to technologies such as IPTV or Video Conferencing equipment