About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist II utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to lead the optimal design, development, evaluation, and support of clinical technology solutions utilized by care providers, ensuring that systems are consistent with professional standards of practice. Integrates nursing science, computer science, and information science to manage and communicate data, information, and knowledge into clinical practice improvements. Looking for someone with experience, preferably in hematology/oncology.
- Participates in the planning and strategic development of clinical systems
- Translates end user needs into system optimizations.
- Provides ongoing management of clinical informatics systems.
- Supports the improvement of clinical outcomes and clinician efficiency
- Management of complex, simultaneous projects.
Think you've got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of current clinical practices and computing systems, interfaces, and current standard software.
• Familiarity with various operating systems used by Hospital and data processing techniques and practices.
• A working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments and of the healthcare industry is also required.
• Knowledge of Epic healthcare applications.
• Project management and planning, leadership skills, excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications, and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Key skills are observation, results oriented, and communication.
• EPIC certification and/or proficiency. preferred
• Certification in Informatics
Bachelor's Degree computer science, business administration, healthcare administration, nursing or other related field
5 years experience in hospital information systems selection, implementation and support, or specific clinical experience in nursing, respiratory care,
occupational/physical therapy, pharmacy or pathology
1 year experience in an informatics job role
3 years information systems related experience such as super user, information systems related committees, or go-live support for information systems