We are searching for a Transaction Entry Clerk — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will enter all claims received for adjudication. You’ll open, sort and scan daily mail, data enter claims into the system, file, verify and update Coordination of Benefits (COB) information in the Claims system, create form letters and other duties as assigned.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required
- 1 Year of Data Entry Experience Required
- Claim Entry Experience Preferred
- Open, sort and scan daily mail received.
- Data enters claims in the system
- Verify Coordination of Benefits (COB) information in an external vendor's system and update verified information in a web based application
- Pull claims from filed batches, refile, work assigned work queues daily, print faxes and other duties and tasks as assigned
- Create form letters for rejected claims
- Complete special projects as requested
- Open, sort into various categories, scan and data enter claims and miscellaneous documents into data entry system for uploading into claims processing system. Claims that are rejected for missing required information must be returned to the provider within 3 days from the date rejected
- Sort, scan and key claims