About Texas Children's Hospital
We’re searching for a Manager of Employee Relations -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will effectively assist the Director, Employee Relations, and lead the employee relations function to develop integrated people strategies aligned with the organization's business strategies. Additionally, assists management in achieving their goals through the effective leadership of people and assists employees in achieving their professional goals through effective utilization of the organization's programs and services.
Think you’ve got what it takes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides performance coaching, development, work guidance, and appraisal of employee relations team member performance. Works with team members to enhance strengths and to overcome potential limitations. Ensures staff are qualified, motivated, and challenged. Ensures a high performing, mutually supporting, customer-focused team culture that is fully accountable to the organization for services & support delivered. Leads the staff compensation team, providing operational and strategic direction to staff.
• Support Director of Employee Relations on special projects, team assignments, issue analysis, and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Oversees the processes of the team and serves as expert on high-level issues. Provides input on key employee relations issues/decisions; leads the evaluation of new and existing processes and programs. Leads the design and administration of executive compensation program.
• Reviews all EEOC responses before submitting to the Director, Employee Relations for final review before submitting to legal. Works closely with the Assistant Director, Compensation to set annual goals and work plan for the Compensation Executive Group (EVPs and SVP-HR) and the Texas Children’s Board of Trustee’s Compensation Subcommittee.
• Facilitates, participates, and collaborates in interdepartmental teams and committees to ensure Texas Children’s operations, programs etc. are integrated and aligned with the Texas Children’s strategic plan.
• Conduct investigations that involve a TC’s Director level employee.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Required bachelor's degree
• Required 5 years' experience as an Employee Relations Consultant
• Required 7 years' experience in HR