About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator Outpatient Cardiology Clinic — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage daily clinical and personnel activities for the assigned department. You will participate and coordinate the delivery of high quality, family-centered and developmentally appropriate patient care. Lastly, you will collaborate with ancillary departments to ensure timely and appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the Covid-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, associate’s degree, or technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement or an associate’s degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license required or must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN with a verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement
• RN License by Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse Licensure Compact
• Previous experience in GI/Endocrinology preferred
• Previous ambulatory and/or peds experience preferred
• BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
• 3 years’ or more experience in nursing
• Utilize evidence-based nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic communications according to state regulations, regulatory agency standards, and organizational policies and procedures
• Assist coordinators and members of the healthcare team in providing education to patients, families, communities, and staff concerning aspects of care
• Coordinate nursing care of patients across various departments and subspecialty services by demonstrating commitment to the team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
• Collect and maintain data on patient referrals and consults, to effectively manage the program and comprehensive database of subspecialty patients
• Act as a patient advocate in maintaining communication and promoting continuity of patient care within the department, multidisciplinary teams, and referring/community physicians
• Support staff in the development of their schedules and monitors the effectiveness of the process and staffing needs