Pharmacy Inventory Specialist - North Austin (8a - 5p)
Position: Pharmacy Inventory Specialist - North Austin (8a - 5p)
Job ID: 402149
Department: ATXNC PHARMACY
Talent Area: Pharmacy
Full/Part Time: Full time
Shift: 8a - 5p / Full Time
About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We’re searching for an Inventory Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform, and coordinate activities related to the procurement, record keeping, storage, and distribution of all inventories, including Controlled Substances. Oversee the operations, record keeping, auditing, and documentation of medications within Automated Dispensing Machines (ADMs).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Responsible for daily operations for inventory management.
· Serves as liaison between campus leadership specific to inventory issues.
· Runs compliance reports according to guidelines. Performs review and assists in appropriate product changes, as necessary.
· Follows-up on back-orders, drug recalls, and problem orders identified by the pharmacy staff and wholesaler. Coordinates annual physical inventory of all pharmaceuticals, including controlled substances.
· Processes and tracks check requests and invoices pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, according to guidelines.
· Ensures controlled substance compliance.
· Maintains activities associated with ensuring appropriate inventory control.
· Oversees operations for the Pharmacy Automated Dispensing Machines (Omnicell).
Skills & Requirements
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· Required H.S. Diploma or GED
· Required RPHT-TX - Reg Pharmacy Technician - TX Texas State Board of Pharmacy
· 5 years' experience as a hospital pharmacy technician with inventory control experience preferred
Thank you for your interest in applying for this job position.
Texas Children’s is excited to announce that we are transitioning to a new applicant tracking system. During this transition, from April 11-17, 2016 our application functions on our Careers website will be temporarily deactivated.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Visit us on Monday, April 18, 2016 to check out our new features and apply!