About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Manager of Neurophysiology-Technical -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage all clinical and research procedures of the department by establishing policies and procedures, setting standards and objectives for the provision of services, maintaining quality improvement, and directing, planning, and evaluating performance. To ensure all job duties are performed in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (newborn to 21 years.)
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required H.S. Diploma or GED
• REEGT - Reg Electroencephalogra Tech by the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET), RPSGT - Reg Polysomnographic Technolog by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
• Required 5 years of Technical experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience of technical personnel and general laboratory management
• Manages daily operational activities. Supervises daily procedure schedule by reviewing initial appointment schedule, accepting, and prioritizing add-on and inpatient requests. Adjusts workload to changes in schedule.
• Provides patient care. Assists in family-centered patient care. Assists in the coordination of patient activity in specialized Neurophysiology programs (epilepsy, sleep, surgery).
• Provides direct supervision of the technical staff. Ensures staff meet performance and other objectives. Provides coaching of individual team members.
• Represents clinic and technical staff (responding to needs/concerns) to the following groups: Department physicians. Referring physicians (staff and community referring).
• Provides/coordinates staff education for new procedures hospital and IDS-related events.
• Provides strategic leadership for program growth. Examples: Epilepsy surgery program (new), Sleep Lab Expansion (expansion), Video EEG Monitoring (expansion)
• Develops and continually monitors QA standards and monitors employee performance in accordance with established department and IDS guidelines.
• Participates in various IDS projects as appropriate.
• Attends continuing education workshops, seminars, and in-services and fulfills all mandatory education requirements as documented on the staff development register.