About Texas Children's Hospital
We’re hunting for an ECLS Coordinator, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will demonstrate clinical expertise in the educational and data collection/research aspects of ECMO for the pediatric and
neonatal patient. The ECMO Coordinator works interdependently with the multi-disciplinary team. Scope of practice will include primary educator, data collector, and bedside practitioner. The ECMO Coordinator is dedicated in furthering the education of ECLS specialists, nursing, and respiratory care to better assist the groups with caring for pediatric and neonatal patient populations.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Serves as an advanced clinical practitioner.
• Collaborates with the health care team to help plan, implement, and evaluate treatment approaches using clinical knowledge, sound judgement and problem-solving.
• Acts as a clinical resource to staff and other members of the health care team as an ECLS Primer.
• Responds to staff and other healthcare team members regarding clinical issues in expertise. This may require availability by pager or phone when out of unit.
• Maintains clinical skills by providing direct patient care and related activities.
• Serves as an educational resource in expertise for other health care professionals.
• Serves as a data collector.
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required bachelor's degree nursing or respiratory care
• Required Licenses/Certifications:
o RN - Lic-Registered Nurses Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact
o RCP - Lic- Respiratory Care - RCP Texas Medical Board
• Required 3 years ECMO experience, including 3 years of pediatric critical care experience.
• Preferred coordinator, supervisor, or management experience