Pathology Patient Care Tech II - Pavilion for Woman (11p - 9:30a)
Position: Pathology Patient Care Tech II - Pavilion for Woman (11p - 9:30a)
Job ID: 401418
Department: PW Lab-Specimen Management
Talent Area: Laboratory
Full/Part Time: Full time
Shift: 11p - 9:30a
About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Pathology Patient Care Technician II -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform phlebotomy for inpatients and outpatients as well as order and process specimens in the laboratory.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or GED required
· 1 year phlebotomist experience required
· Interacts with patients and parents to perform phlebotomy procedures following protocols for age appropriate care
· Performs venepuncture, fingerstick, and heelstick phlebotomy procedures including blood cultures, newborn screens, dxylose and glucose tolerances, etc. as written in the Central Receiving and Processing manual
· Greets parents and patients promptly and courteously, values customers and gives customer full attentions
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment; maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Performs and participates in proficiency testing programs to validate competency as required
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment, maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Documents events in the event tracker as events are discovered. Investigates circumstances around the events and document
· directs workflow and staff breaks to ensure work is processed within the established turn-around time
Thank you for your interest in applying for this job position.
Texas Children’s is excited to announce that we are transitioning to a new applicant tracking system. During this transition, from April 11-17, 2016 our application functions on our Careers website will be temporarily deactivated.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Visit us on Monday, April 18, 2016 to check out our new features and apply!