About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Technical Support Field Analyst — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide advanced user support, complex problem analysis and resolution, in-depth technical assistance, and training for information systems. Troubleshoot problems related to hardware, software, peripherals, and networks and analyze problems related to the TCH IDS technical environment and offer sound technical solutions. Performs tasks of a large scope and resolves problems of a comprehensive and complex nature.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Diagnoses and resolves system operation, hardware, software, and client problems. Performs advanced problem solving and assists on diverse clinical and business software applications and hardware systems for department customers. Performs routine hardware and software maintenance and assists in proper upkeep and utilization of systems. Provides LAN support. Monitors the call tracking system and prioritizes workload accordingly. Determines computer problems and coordinates hardware/software solutions. Plans, implements, tests, and troubleshoots system software and develops system solutions for operational problems. Provides TCH customers with additional technical support as requested. Utilizes various software tools to monitor system performance. Utilizes various software tools for capacity planning. Utilizes various software tools for file management/maintenance and to adjust system operation parameters, as necessary.
• Deploys new computers and printers to replace hardware due for lifecycle and provide hardware to new customers. Prepares hardware for deployment and tracking purposes via iTrak. This includes coordination with the Inventory Control Specialist to pick up and deliver equipment to remote sites. Coordinates time with customers for scouting and deployment of hardware. Coordinates activities with the Service Desk, network services, or other Information Services groups as appropriate. Completes a detailed deployment sheet for each computer/printer installed. Coordinates with customers for equipment testing and signing off the paperwork. Turns in the deployment's paperwork to supervisor. Communicates working status to manager and/or customers. Works in conjunction with Facilities Planning & Development to facilitate organization moves and restructuring where workstations and printers are involved. Assists in other areas as technical resources are needed.
• Provides telecommunication operational support. Performs moves, adds and changes of voice terminals, peripherals & adjuncts including software, hardware, overhead paging, peripherals & special circuits. Coordinates activities with Telecommunications Project Coordinators, IS Workstation Support and Facilities Planning and Development as required to meet customer needs or agreed-upon schedules. Responds to and resolve customer reported problems with telephones and adjuncts. Provides second level technical support by addressing and resolving customer’s telephone and voicemail questions and concerns. Determines and implements the most appropriate resolution to customer’s needs based upon departmental standards, business needs and other factors. Manages all activities to meet established service levels and priorities. Collaborates with IS Service Desk and Level 3 support to ensure all incidents and requests are properly prioritized and service levels are met. Ensures knowledge articles are created or updated and submitted for approval according to IS procedures. Maintains the security, integrity, and cleanliness of all switch rooms, wiring closets and storerooms. Collaborates with other tenants of these spaces, including IS Networking, IS Computer Operations, Security and Biomed to address deficiencies and maintain these spaces in a neat and orderly manner. Maintains equipment inventories, including phone sets, circuit packs, cables, cords, handsets, headsets, etc. Determines required inventory minimums based upon user demand and past usage patterns. Requests vendor quotes for needed materials and submit requisitions for manager’s approval.
• Participates in project teams and provides relevant technical guidance. Serves as a project member for technology projects with large scope and broad impact, directing and integrating the work of technical staff members. Documents projects, writes, and maintains customer instructions. Provides detailed project plans, and includes other departments in the TCH IDS as appropriate. Recommends and executes viable solutions based on current technology trends and acceptable standards.
• Ensures acceptable levels of systems performance. Provides in-depth technical assistance and maintenance support to departmental customers. Provides individual and/or group computer hardware and software trainings. Provides technical solutions for research and development initiatives and in the implementation of new technologies. Identifies computer hardware and software problems and provides technical guidance to customers.
• Develops and maintains technical and industry knowledge. Defines, with management approval, a developmental plan to attend technology classes, obtain technical certifications and build knowledge and skills that will assist in job performance. Equips with knowledge of customer service standards and procedures, computer security procedures and protocols and federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software. Undertakes development activities and participates in team training exercises. Maintains a broad knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise. Provides training, documentation and general information to other analysts as needed.
• Provides reports and other necessary information as assigned by the supervisor by assigned deadline. Assists in development and maintenance of group’s statistical reports. Provides management with reports and graphics depicting the current group’s performance with emphasis on improvement areas. Utilizes technical vendors, periodicals, internet, and other media to gather information pertaining to complex installs or configurations. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals and recommends and executes viable solutions based on current hospital standards. Prioritizes and plans work activities with other groups as appropriate. Collects information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Contributes to the team approach for solving technical challenges; shares expertise with others on the team. Communicates changes and progress with team and management.
• Installs network hardware. Provides input to test and project plans presented to the Change Control committees and participates in the execution of those plans. Orders equipment conducts initial testing and configuration. Coordinates returns of failed equipment. Coordinates all changes with the affected departments to minimize service disruptions. Installs network equipment and coordinates the installation and advanced configuration of network equipment.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required H.S. Diploma or GED
• Required DL ANY - DRIVER'S LICENSE ANY STATE
• Required 3 years IS technical support experience
• A relevant systems or software technical certification may be substituted for one of the years of experience