About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist I - Bilingual (English/Spanish) — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, coordinate the referral process, enter accurate billing information into the system and transmit accurate claims.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• HS. Diploma or GED Required
• 1 Year or More of Related Experience Required
• Greet patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Creating SMILES philosophies and AIDET principles
• Assist patients with check in/check out
• Answer telephone within three (3) rings and directs calls per practice protocol
• Document complete and error free messages in telephone encounter and routes to appropriate area per practice protocol
• Enter hospital charges into electronic billing system with 100% accuracy and within timelines established by practice protocol
• Assess patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer prior to initiating referral
• Document eligibility in the electronic health record per practice protocol
• Schedule appointments per practice protocol
• Demonstrate ability to use judgment when scheduling provider’s template
• Verify and documents coverage of services prior to patient being seen by a provider per practice protocol
• Monitor Account Work queue and Patient Work queue on a weekly basis and determine appropriate corrective action and completes required corrections
• Assure electronic health record is complete and ready for provider use prior to patient being seen
• Collect and disseminate mail and deliveries per practice protocol
• Monitors returned mail work queue and corrected in electronic billing system within fourteen (14) days