About Texas Children's Hospital
We’re hunting for a Team Leader Neurophysiology, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will supervise Neurophysiology staff in one of our 3 areas (EEG, Sleep or EMU), promote program development, assist in daily operations related to the provision of NPY services, provide clinical direction to technologist, technicians, and students and to plan, evaluate, organize, design, and implement diagnostic techniques and programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ages 0 – adulthood within the scope of demonstrated clinical competencies.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Serves as front line supervisor for diagnostic procedures and services in collaboration with the Manager Neurophysiology.
• Coordinates staffing schedules and approves/denies time-off requests according to IDS and Department of Ambulatory guidelines. Works with staff to plan a schedule that meets the employee's needs without compromising the hospital's needs. Ensures that the appropriate planning and long-term considerations are made when granting time off/special schedule requests. Posts schedule timely and consistently updates the staff schedules to reflect actual time worked. Collaborates with manager to ensure adequate staff coverage and scheduling of PRN staff.
• Supervises procedures to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Lab and helps staff improve their personal productivity; is creative in finding ways to improve overall productivity.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards including JCAHO, American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ACNS) and American Society of electro neurodiagnostic Technologists (ASET) as appropriate.
• In collaboration with Manager, technicians, and technologists, facilitates goal setting and initiates developmental plan, provides performance feedback and ongoing performance recognition and coaching and identifies opportunities for staff performance. Interviews and makes recommendations for candidate selection.
• Provides leadership and participates in staff and student development. Participates and assists in the completion of annual performance appraisals within IDS and hospital guidelines. Provides input to Manager regarding recommendations for approval for course attendance.
• Works with Manager Neurophysiology to update all NPY policies and procedures and to keep them current.
• Performs patient care and related activities.
• Provides clinical leadership and serves as an instructor/mento.
• Facilitates/promotes program development and departmental/interdepartmental Performance Improvement.
• Attends health, safety and training in-services and other mandatory Hospital activities.
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required Associate Degree. Preferred Bachelor's Degree
• Required Licenses/Certifications:
o REEGT - Reg Electroencephalogra Tech ABRET
o REPT - Reg Evoked Potentials Tech ABRET
o RPSGT - Reg Polysomnographic Technolog Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
o CNIM - Cert Neurophy Intraop Monitor ABRET
o CLTM - Cert Exam Long Term Monitoring
• Preferred 2 years Supervisory experience and 2 years Clinical pediatric experience, preferably in an outpatient setting, is required.