About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Ambulatory Supervisor – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient access to all clinical locations by managing the daily operations of the Ambulatory Service Representative functions at the hospital. You’ll provide the highest possible customer service as well as the most efficient and accurate collection of demographic and financial/coverage data at the patient level to allow for an efficient billing and collections process.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• Associate’s Degree preferred
• 4 years of patient registration and/or business office experience
• Supervisory and/or Emergency Center registration experience preferred
• An Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted for experience
• Ensures that all staff complete daily patient registration procedures per departmental processes in a timely manner for each day clinic is in session
• Ensures that staff is attempting to collect co-pays, deductibles, and out of pocket amounts prior to patient leaving the clinic
• Ensures appropriate communication occurs between non-clinical and clinical team members, to promote efficient patient care
• Establishes, in conjunction with the Manager, departmental efficiency and quality goals for the clinics
• Provides ongoing training, coaching, and development of Ambulatory Service Representative team to meet performance targets, gather the most accurate financial and demographic information for each patient encounter, and provide the highest possible customer service
• Evaluates improvement ideas by piloting new processes and adopting those that prove to be beneficial
• Provides complete and accurate documentation on each visit to ensure compliance with hospital and government regulations