We are searching for a Project Analyst — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will design, coordinate and/or lead integrated, complex, or cross-departmental projects related to the Health Plan (TCHP).
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in business, project, and/or healthcare experience
- A bachelor’s degree may substitute for two (2) years of work experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes project plans and conducts work team meetings.
- Determines staff resource needs by assessing the size, duration, scope, and complexity of the project.
- Establishes and maintains project implementation plans and project status reports.
- Ensures documentation (i.e., project plans, test plans, policies, and procedures) is accurate, acceptable, and in accordance with Integrated Delivery System standards and policies.
- Formulates testing and piloting of new processes and systems.
- Ensures user acceptance of changes based on functional requirements.
- Plans and executes smooth transition of responsibilities to support staff and management teams at completion of project.
- Administers and coordinates change schedules with department staff, and management teams, other departments, other entities, and vendors as indicated.
- Estimates and controls project fiscal requirements.
- Determines, analyzes, and formulates current practices, user needs, and workflow processed, issues, and potential solutions.
- Appraises alternative system and processes for workability and economic feasibility.
- Recommends modifications to application designs or current procedures to maximize the advantages of current systems.
- Negotiates design and implementation methodology with users and vendors.
- Prepares specifications in an accurate and testable manner for system implementation analysis.
- Organizes and participates in the design of user procedures.
- Analyzes project impacts and dependencies across the Integrated Delivery System.
- Ensures vendor participation in addressing problems and tracking their resolution.
- Analyzes project standards, methodologies, and impacts.
- Serves as Business Services Department representative as a participating member of designated committees.
- Provides the goals, problems, and solutions of the designated committees to/with Business Services Department management.
- Negotiates contracts between stakeholders and vendors as indicated.
- Coordinates activities and information dissemination with committees, department management, and other necessary participants.