About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Administrative Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide direct administrative support for multiple leaders, one of which must include primary support to a director or a physician in a leadership level that is approved by the Physician Compensation Executive Committee (PCEG).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Acts as Administrative Liaison to the Director or other leaders
· Provides secretarial support as needed such as drafting, typing, proofreading, copying, and distributing correspondence, reports, and other materials by designated due date and as required to produce accurate and professional documents in compliance with graphic standards as directed by supervisor
· Composes, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials including typewritten correspondence, memoranda, and various reports as instructed
· Accurately prepares appropriate requisitions and obtains signatures and approvals for the purchase requests, contract renewals, purchase orders or any internal/external services
· Maintains departmental organizational charts, departmental forms, department intranet website and/or policy and procedures
· Maintains and edits Managers and Assistant Director in timekeeping system for Director’s approval
· Maintains an in-depth knowledge of computer applications and detailed databases and the ability to produce presentations, brochures, reports, etc. using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, etc.
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3 years administrative support experience required