We are searching for an OB Intensive Care Unit Nurse ! – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principals and cost effective care. Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (preferred), Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience
- Knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, ACLS and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates good time and resource management skills and flexibility skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate unit specific equipment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in ICU and currently working as a direct patient care nurse preferred
- This position will cross train to L&D.
- If you are applying to Labor & Delivery or OB Assessment & Triage (WAC), we prefer previous 2-3 years experience within Labor & Delivery
- If you are interested in OB ICU, we prefer you to have adult ICU experience
- If you are interested in OB Float Pool, we prefer you have worked in all the following: MBU providing couplet care, OB Triage, Labor & Delivery, High Risk Women's Services including Gyn and OB patients on Women's Specialty Unit
- Assesses patient with input from the patient/family
- Involves patient/family in the patient’s plan of care
- Implements high quality, cost effective patient care in conjunction with the patient/family
- Evaluates plan of care
- Educates patient and family
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Accountable for managing time and resources in a cost-effective manner
- Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participates in development of others
- Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.