About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for an Licensed Vocational Nurse Float—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position you’ll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and the coordination of services required for patients outside clinical setting. We need someone who can provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school graduate, GED, or equivalent
• Graduation from an accredited school of Licensed Vocational Nursing (or Documentation from the Texas Board of Nursing verifying an exception to the requirement for a diploma from a school of vocational nursing)
• Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required from the American Heart Association
• Assesses patients
• Coordinates care plans
• Collaborates with the patient, family and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
• Implements care plans
• Evaluates care plans
• Educates patients, families and community
• Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
• Demonstrates the ability to manage time and resources in a cost-effective manner
• Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participates in development of others