About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited school of Licensed Vocational Nursing (or Documentation from the Texas Board of Nursing verifying an exception to the requirement for a diploma from a school of vocational nursing)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required from the American Heart Association
- Assists with the collection of patient/family data
- Provides general patient care
- Administers medication and immunizations
- Supports patient/families in self-management of their health through assisting with education
- Triages patients
- Coordinates referrals
- Collects specimens and performs laboratory test
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families and co-workers
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.