About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Business Systems Analyst I. The Business Systems Analyst has a role in developing clinical/business solutions by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions and to manage the on-going maintenance of applications. This role will investigate processes to meet end user needs within Texas Children's. Additionally, provide financial systems support, coordinate system upgrades, and to provide other system support for Texas Children's.
TCP/TCUC role may require evening/weekend work as well as travel to practices sites, including but may not be limited to travel within Houston and Austin.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2 years experience in information systems
- Bachelor's Degree computer science, business administration, healthcare administration, or nursing
• Knowledge of current business practices and computing systems, and pharmacy standard software. Familiarity with a variety of hardware and software environments.
• A working knowledge of the healthcare industry is also required. Knowledge of Epic applications preferred.
• Familiarity with pharmacy staff, data processing techniques and practices.
• Project management and planning, group presentation, team building, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to analyze the functionality of systems and their fit with specifications, and the ability to work
independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience administering software package
- Experience mapping Epic to software like Artera
- Collaborates with internal core stakeholders to identify system issues and process needs, and ensures EMR and other systems are being optimized.
- Supports continued system maintenance and optimization.
- Analyzes system problems and modifications.
- Coordinates training of systems.