Medical Lab Technician - Coagulation - West Tower (11p - 7:30a)
Position: Medical Lab Technician - Coagulation - West Tower (11p - 7:30a)
Job ID: 400290
Talent Area: Laboratory
Full/Part Time: Full time
Shift: 11p - 7:30a
About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Technologist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform routine and special procedures to obtain data or prepare products for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the provision of quality patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Associate’s degree required
· MLT certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology preferred
· Performs specimen testing and maintains documentation systems
· Provides age-appropriate care by following established technical protocols based on age of patient, using appropriate instrumentation, and reporting and interpreting results based on normal ranges
· Performs and documents scheduled quality control procedures according to the policies and procedures
· Maintains and prepares reagents appropriately and performs and documents required reagent checks to prevent interruptions in patient testing
· Performs instrument calibration and maintenance, minor troubleshooting
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and instrumentation; maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Analyzes College of American Pathologists (CAP) and other proficiency testing samples and obtains accurate results in a timely manner
Thank you for your interest in applying for this job position.
Texas Children’s is excited to announce that we are transitioning to a new applicant tracking system. During this transition, from April 11-17, 2016 our application functions on our Careers website will be temporarily deactivated.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Visit us on Monday, April 18, 2016 to check out our new features and apply!