About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Medical Assistant for our TCP Piney Point — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide clinical support for patients in the hospital’s various ambulatory settings promoting cost effective, age appropriate, safe, and high-quality family centered care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma or GED
• Technical diploma from a medical assisting or emergency medical technician program
• BLS American Heart Association certification are required
• Healthcare and pediatric experience preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology, medical assistant/outpatient care tasks, and customer service concepts
• Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, and operate basic medical equipment
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
• Promotes customer service
• Ensures efficient patient flow
• Documents pertinent information in the medical record such as current immunizations, allergy status, vital signs, current medications, etc.
• Follows institutional and departmental policies and procedures regarding waive testing, quality controls, instrument calibrations, and maintenance, etc.
• Processes lab specimens and performs tests
• Reports results as written in applicable policies and procedures