About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Manager Patient Care Nursing, Inpatient – Radiology - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you will maintain shift accountability for clinical and personnel activities and to provide support to the Assistant Clinical Director. The Patient Care Manager participates in the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
• Current RN Licensure by the Texas Board of Nurses or Nurse Licensure Compact
• BLS – Cert-Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
• Two (2) years of nursing experience required
• Prefer high risk obstetrical experience
• Preferred Certification in specialty-specific area or nursing leadership, with completion of certification within 1 year of assuming the role
Maintain clinical competency by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met within a family-centered care environment
Coordinate and collaborate patient care needs with appropriate members of the healthcare team to achieve desired clinical outcomes and management of care across the continuum
Observe, identify, and address human resource issues for assigned staff while coaching, counseling, and developing nursing staff to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care
Monitor productivity and ensure that staffing and resources are aligned with patient care needs
Support the implementation of unit goals and the communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff
Organize and prioritize service-based goals that support the IDS strategic plan as measured by direct observation