About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Certified Pharmacy Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist the pharmacist in the preparation related to the repackaging and compounding, filling, and delivery of medications, and other tasks associated with dispensing in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-adult). This role also assists in the procurement, record keeping, storage, and distribution of all controlled substances.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Processes prescriptions/medication orders and prepares medication
· Ensures proper distribution/delivery of pharmaceutical and supply shipments
· Ensures the doses are delivered within established departmental time-frame standards
· Completes and documents daily and monthly activity checklists including expired drug checking, cleaning assignments, and ordering supplies and forms
· Checks all available means of communication including e-mail, and mailbox every shift
· Completes all daily filing, including medication orders and stop orders
· Works with Materials and Logistics to maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies
· Assists in the implementation of new formulations for manufactured products, new repackaged products, or any product deletions including updating the Master Formulation Book in the pharmacy areas, distributing, or pulling stock, and maintaining the M&R computer program
· Performs weekly inspections of pharmacy areas to ensure adequate supply of drug accountability logs and of study drugs and in preparation of scheduled patient study visits
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· RPHT-TX certification from the State Board of Pharmacy required, OR
· PHAR INT - Pharmacy Intern
· CPHT certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board preferred
· 2 years pharmacy technician experience preferred
· 40 hours of training in compounding sterile products accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education or the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists preferred
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates