We are searching for a Patient Care Assistant— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform a variety of routine and specialized patient care activities, as assigned, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Care will be delivered that incorporates Family Centered Care in a cost-effective manner and is developmental and age-appropriate for the patient population.
- One of the following required addition to the high school diploma or GED
- Completion of a formal nursing assistant educational program or certification (e.g. Diploma/Course/Certificate/Associates Degree/etc. completed in a Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar clinical education program)
- Currently enrolled in a BSN degree program with one clinical rotation completed at the time of hire
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience
- Assists with the collection and documentation of patient/family data
- Provides general comfort measures and performs other miscellaneous ADL’s as assigned as evidenced by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
- Provides high quality, cost effective patient care in collaboration with the RN and in conjunction with the patient/family
- Assists in identifying patient/family response to care provided
- Maintains accountability for development of self and participates in development of others
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Participates in hospital/unit performance improvement as evidenced by supervisory observation and verbal/written feedback
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.