About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world- class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024. Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood. To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Assistant Clinical Director of Women's Inpatient Nursing -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage and oversee daily clinical, administrative, and human resource activities for the designated clinical area(s), including providing 24-hour availability. This position also coordinates, and ensures the delivery of high-quality, developmentally appropriate patient and family-centered care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Partners with staff, medical, and unit leadership to ensure clinical excellence within a family-centered care environment, utilizing multiple sources of information and reports as evidenced by trend identification and action plan development. Participates as a full partner with Medical Director and in partnership with healthcare provider team to ensure cohesive department communication
• Demonstrates astute fiscal accountability, for the area of clinical responsibility, as evidenced by the appropriate management and justification of resources, which includes personnel, equipment, supplies, and capital
• Creates and facilitates collaboration and cooperation among diverse groups, people, and professional disciplines to achieve desired results
• Facilitates staff participation and participates in the Quality Outcomes Program and/or unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring exemplary clinical outcomes
• Commits to the ongoing development of self, unit leadership team, and staff to achieve professional goals
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Master's Degree Nursing, Business or healthcare field
• RN - Lic-Registered Nurses & BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support
• 3 years’ experience in management/leadership
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.