About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Nurse Practitioner -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will practice in an advanced role to provide developmentally appropriate and age-appropriate health maintenance for well children, episodic care for ill children, and comprehensive care for children with chronic conditions. The nurse practitioner (NP) works under a delineation of clinical privileges and will work collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Practice under established guidelines and clinical protocols, the NP assumes independent and interdependent responsibilities in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of treatment and procedures. Job duties are performed in a manner that is developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served. As an advanced practice nurse, the NP is responsible for education, research, consultation, and evaluation of clinical practice at various levels.
New employees will complete their orientation/training in Houston before the Austin hospital opens.
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Master’s degree in nursing required
- RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact required
- FNP, NNP, PNP-BC, WHNP-BC, CPNP-AC, or AG-ACNP from the Texas Board of Nursing required
- Daily utilize advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Consistently demonstrate effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Consistently serve as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other healthcare professionals
- Consistently apply new knowledge relevant to pediatric nursing to clinical practice
- Demonstrate current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate NP role behaviors consistent with the development of advanced nursing practice
- Participate in departmental Quality Improvement program annually
- Obtain a comprehensive health, developmental, and family history on patients as documented in the patient’s medical record
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the health care disciplines to provide comprehensive care to patients
- Identify and document patient/family learning needs, readiness to learn, and level of understanding, incorporating family culture and belief systems on all patients
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.