About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Physician Assistant who is motivated to work in an exciting pediatric setting!
In this position, you will work under a delineation of clinical privileges and works collaboratively with other members of the health care team, including the attending physicians, resident physicians, and fellow physicians to provide comprehensive patient care in accordance with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. Practicing under established guidelines and clinical protocols, the PA assumes independent and interdependent responsibilities in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of treatment and procedures.
This team provides daytime inpatient, outpatient and operative coverage 7 days/week with rotational call.
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required Bachelor's Degree
- PA -Cert-Physician Assistant by the Texas Medical Board
- One year of Physician Assistant experience strongly preferred.
- Daily utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Administers or provides medications as delegated by authorizing physician
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Provides the full spectrum of health care services to include health promotion, disease prevention, health protection, anticipatory guidance, counseling and disease management
- Consistently serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to population specific clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Participates in departmental Quality Improvement program annually
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.