About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Manager of Patient Accounts -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will effectively manage billing procedures which includes collections, edits and claims to ensure that all claims are filed timely and accurately, effectively manage the patient accounts support services area, and ensure continuity of cash flow and collection of every collectible dollar with efficient account resolution. The Manager of Patient Accounts will work closely with other departments to effectively retrieve information supporting appeals and communicating denial trends.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Coordinates resources (staff, equipment, and space) and work assignments to meet process performance targets in a cost -effective manner. Ensures that staff is focusing on accounts in work files and are following up in a timely manner
- Maintains credit balances at two day’s revenue in accounts receivable by reviewing and approving refunds to the correct payer
- Ensures that contractual allowances and payments are posted accurately and within the same day received by conducting periodic audits of transaction entry
- Oversees the backend business operations and develops best practices for collections which includes self-pay, third party follow-up and edits
- Reviews payer/regulatory guidelines to ensure claims clearing house is accurately communicating the necessary information in order to maximize potential reimbursement opportunities for all payer types.
- Provides training, coaching, and development of staff to meet performance expectations and to provide the highest possible customer service
- Performs overall revenue management including: satisfying timely filing requirements and maximizing billing revenue and collections, and resolution of denied/rejected claims.
- Maintains and implements system edits for both Epic and the clearinghouse.
- Maintains gross days in accounts receivable are at or below specified departmental targets.
- Maintains clean claims rate at or above specified departmental targets.
- Coordinates resources (staff, equipment, and space) and work assignments to meet process performance targets in a cost-effective manner. Ensures that staff are focusing on accounts in workqueues and are following up in a timely, efficient, and appropriate manner.
- Identifies, researches and resolves system issues through direct contact with internal and external contacts.
- Reviews payer/regulatory guidelines to ensure billing compliance and claims clearinghouse is accurately communicating the necessary information in order to maximize potential reimbursement opportunities for all payer types.
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Patient Account Manager (CPAM, CMPA) license preferred
- 3 years progressively responsible patient accounts or business office experience required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, or related field may substitute for years of the required experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.