About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Pediatric Newborn Hospitalist to cover Newborn Service at Houston Methodist Willowbrook — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. Houston Methodist Willowbrook is a Level 3 NICU that is managed by Texas Children's Community Initiatives and supported by Baylor College of Medicine Neonatologists.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- 7 on / 7 off schedule 8a- 5p
Baylor College of Medicine requires all new employees to provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or to submit an acceptable exemption form that is medical or religious based within 60 days of hire to BCM Occupational Health.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Texas medical license
- Board certification in Pediatrics
- Assesses, diagnoses, treats, and educates patients
- Documents information in patient’s chart regarding assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and education
- Records diagnosis/CPT in an accurate, timely manner to ensure prompt posting of charges per site protocol
- Provides verbal and/or written information regarding treatment regimens in language that is understandable and appropriate for the patient and/or caregiver
- Serves as a credible, knowledgeable educational resource for the patient, family, community and other healthcare professionals
- Participates in site meetings and provides input to address patient care issues or operational concerns
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.