About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Manager of Family Support Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage and lead the daily operations, administrative and human resources activities for Family Support Services and Social Work.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Manages daily operations of assigned areas (Family Advocacy, Guest Services, Language Services, Spiritual Care and Volunteer Services).
Develops, maintains, and prioritizes departmental based goals/ success indicators in each area of service
· Staff scheduling/productivity: Monitors staffing requirements and productivity levels by establishing staffing guidelines based on patient needs and budgetary guidelines within review at least annually
· Budget development and monitoring: Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of resources (equipment and supplies) while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals.
· Staff development: Coaches and develops using an inter-disciplinary approach to individual team members by providing structured feedback for each staff member through yearly development plans and formal follow-up at least twice a year. Assures staff competencies specific to specialty based on initial orientation, ongoing training modules and regular competency assessments
· Identifies, facilitates, and participates in departmental and hospital performance improvement projects that enhance family centered care, particularly but not limited to patient satisfaction
· Maintains regulatory readiness. Ensures that JC requirements specific to Family Support Services are fulfilled
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· H.S. Diploma or GED required, MS or BS preferred
· Required 7 years customer relations work experience in any industry. With a preferred 1 year of leadership experience
· A Bachelor’s degree in any field may substitute for four years of experience. A Master’s degree in any field may substitute for two additional years of experience.