About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Department Assistant for Language Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide departmental support, which could include administrative support for Assistant Directors and/or other faculty/physicians and leaders.
Think you’ve got what it takes
• Answers telephones in a professional manner, takes accurate messages and transfers calls to the appropriate party in a courteous and timely manner
• Develops and maintains a system for tracking and restocking office supply inventory that insures a constant and adequate supply of necessary operational supplies required for personnel and for all office machines and stores them in an orderly, easily retrievable manner
• At the direction of departmental personnel, initiates and processes Purchase Orders and Check Requests as needed, in accordance with policies and procedures, and maintains the prescribed annual records of these transactions
• Prepares confidential minutes and reports, general correspondence and other written documentation, forms, charts, etc. using appropriate applications/software
• Notifies department personnel regarding issues, scheduled changes for departmental meetings and other information related to coordination of departmental activities
• Files and maintains departmental records
• Maintains conference room schedules. Receives requests via e-mail or phone and enters or confirms them within 24 hours after initial inquiry
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
Required addition to the high school diploma or GED