About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high- quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for all of our patients and families that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service, assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
- Welcome and interact with all patients, families, and visitors in a professional, timely, age appropriate, and culturally sensitive manner
- Respond to customer questions with prompt information and/or service related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Communicate with patient, staff, and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes
- Proactively approach dissatisfied customers and implements customer service recovery measures
- Facilitate the appointment check-in procedure
- Collaborate with clinic staff to ensure efficient patient flow
- Provide high quality, cost-effective patient care in collaboration with clinicians and in conjunction with the patient/family
- Complete check out for patients and families
- Facilitate patient flow as the scheduling master for the clinic
- College Degree in Relevant Field Preferred
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- MA certification from one of the below
- CCMA - Cert-Cert Clinical MA - CCMA National Healthcare Association
- CMA-AAM - Cert-Cert Medical Assistant American Association of Medical Assistants
- CMA-C - Clinical Medical Assistant Certification American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- EMT - Emergency Medical Technician Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-A - Advancd EMT Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-B - Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-I - Emergency Medical Technician- International Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-P - Emergency Medical Technician -Paramedic Texas Department of State Health Services
- LIC PAR - Licensed-Paramedic Texas Department of State Health Services
- NCMA - National Cert Med Assistant National Center for Competency Testing
- NRCMA - Nat Reg Cert Med Assistant National Association of Health Professionals
- RMA - Registered Medical Assistant – from:
- American Association of Medical Personnel, or
- American Allied Health, American Medical, or
- Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.