About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.To join our community of 14,000+dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Senior Administrative Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide direct administrative support for multiple leaders within the Health Plan, one of which must include primary support to an Executive (Assistant Vice President or above) and/or a Senior Physician Leader who reports directly to an In-Chief and has system responsibility.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Functions as a representative, liaison, and coordinator for the Vice President in administrative and daily activities
- Prepares and handles correspondence, memos, reports, presentations, and other documents for the Vice President
- Types, formats, creates, and proofreads a variety of materials including handwritten, typewritten correspondence, presentations, memos, reports, agendas, and contracts, as instructed, and verifies the conformity of documents to Health Plan standards
- Coordinates travel for the Vice President, arranges for tickets, hotels accommodations, and airline reservations; coordinates registration to various conferences and symposiums, prepares itinerary, and submits E-Business reimbursements on behalf of Vice President
- Maintains the Vice President‘s files according to guidelines and maintains the security of confidential information including hospital financials, salary, staff and legal information
- Interfaces with all employees in a professional, courteous manner to assure that the Vice President’s requests are met amicably, and a congenial work atmosphere is maintained
- Responds to calls and visits from internal personnel, parents, patients, visitors, and determines urgency of situation and necessity of Vice President’s attention
- Prepares meetings with management and/or employees of responsibility as required by Vice President, arranges attendance and location, and makes proper notification where necessary
- High school diploma or GED required
- College course work preferred
- 5 years administrative assistant/secretarial experience required
- Healthcare background preferred
- Experience with powerpoint highly preferred
- Experience with invoicing using Oracle highly preferred
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.