About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Manager of Pathology -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide effective leadership and efficient operation of their responsible section(s) and/or shifts of the laboratory in compliance with departmental and institutional goals. This role will coordinate, supervise, and manage section activities to ensure that high quality laboratory services and testing are provided to patients in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Responsible for HR Activities of multiple sections and/or shifts within their scope
· Ensures Implementation of a training and competency program for all employees (new hires, existing employees, and those requiring retraining)
· Manages the performance of routine and complex procedures
· Monitors workflow, TATs and other performance metrics and makes adjustments to daily assignments as needed
· Oversees the quality control/quality assurance programs
· Reviews Event Tracking (both hospital and departmental) entries and develops and implements action plans as needed
· Ensures that QA review adequately delineates the cause of errors and events attributed to lack of understanding or technical knowledge, poorly defined policies and procedures
· Maintains integrity of system, file maintenance, report, label, and collection list printing as related to assignments and requirements for section/shift
· Coordinates/Supports continuing education programs
· Monitors supply expenses and usage of consumables to stay within budget
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science required
· 2 years’ experience in a laboratory setting required
· 4 years supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory preferred
· MT-ASCP, MLS-ASCP, CLS, MB-ASCP, MP-ASCP, BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, H-ASCP, M-ASCP, AMT or Specialist in Cytometry certification may substitute for one year of experience