About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Director, IS Customer Service & Quality Assurance-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will develop, implement, operate, monitor, and continuously improve a proactive Customer-oriented service strategy within the IS department and build relationships with the Customer community. Enhance the operations and services of the overall IS department by maintaining an on-going emphasis on customer service, operation excellence in service delivery, and continuous improvement of operational practices. Additionally, responsible for enhancing service quality by establishing, reporting, and improving key performance metrics on the overall health of the IS services delivered to the organization. To enhance IS service management to enable positive outcomes to our business, patients, and members.
Think you’ve got what it takes
Responsibility A: Establish Customer Service Initiative and Program
• Enhances the operations and services of the overall IS department by maintaining an on-going emphasis on Customer service, project management, teamwork and implementation of successful operational practices.
• Provides point of contact for customers and IS operations leadership by seeking to understand customer needs, providing information, responding to inquiries, investigating and resolving problems related to the service, and educating customer
• Represent the service across the organization and advocate a clear understanding of the service through education and training.
• Develop and drive a service culture within the organization by promoting customer satisfaction through understanding of customer needs, resolution of customer issues, and delivery of consistent service.
• Provide domain expertise and consultative services to help identify technological opportunities in support of the customer’s business growth drivers.
• Nurtures the relationship between Customer and IS, translating and negotiating on behalf of both groups to build a mutually beneficial environment conducive to organizational success.
• Works with individual Customer departments to develop long-range strategic IT plans, which are responsive to Customer’s business needs and conform to the mission, goals and objectives of the IDS and I
• Align best practices and industry standards in providing and managing IS services.
• Ensure ongoing service delivery and support to meet agreed upon service levels.
• Work within the IS process infrastructure to support Customer’s routine operational needs and unexpected crisis events.
• Identify opportunities and make recommendations to customers for service improvements and enhancements; work with other department personnel through the Request for Change process to determine impacts and feasibility of
implementation of modifications and enhancements
• Demonstrate commitment to customer’ success
Responsibility B: Service Management & Quality Assurance
• Assures quality services and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards
• Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying historical data and customer survey responses with management
• Creates service quality documentation/ standards and updating quality assurance procedures
• Maintains service quality by enforcing quality assurance procedures to IS teams
• Collaborates with other members of management to enhance or develop new quality assurance procedures
• Prepares quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Recommends process improvement initiatives and oversee completion by IS teams
• Stays abreast of new IS service delivery models to continuously improve customer satisfaction and positive outcomes
• Drive Service Management culture within the IS Department.
• Establish and maintain Service Level Agreements for Texas Children’s.
• Ensure ongoing service delivery and support to meet agreed upon service levels.
• Ensure transparency of service performance through reporting and service reviews within IS and with customers.
• Drive improvements for speed of delivery, cost and quality of service.
Responsibility C: Customer Service Desk
• Develop strategy for providing Service Desk services (main and specialized desks) for users to report incidents and requests.
• Provide multiple vehicles for customers to interact with IS to report incidents and request such Web Portal, Catalog, IS Website, Knowledge Management.
• Provide first level support within defined service agreements and in alignment with industry standards.
• Ensure customer service satisfaction is obtained and improvement in quality and timely delivery of services.
• Identity and act on opportunities to provide different service models and reduce costs.
• Manage All contracts for services to ensure delivery to defined SLAs and quality metrics.
• Completes timely performance appraisals for direct reports
• Assures that new staff attends hospital orientation within 30 days of employment
• Assures that new staff attends departmental orientation within 30 days of employment
• Reports financial performance on a monthly basis
• Develops and modifies job descriptions as necessary
• Prepares and submits annual capital and operating budgets
• Conducts appropriate investigations and follows-up on individual and user complaints or issues
• Submits performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plan and department goals
• Work with IS Leadership team to develop strategies and objectives for the advancement of IS services and solutions.
• Understand, communicate and implement the Texas Children’s vision as defined by executive management.
• Build successful teams by using appropriate methods and interpersonal style, developing team direction and structure, and facilitating goal accomplishment.
• Lead teams to implement standards that are based on best practices, legal and policy requirements, and industry standards
• Manage financial performance within approved operational and project budgets.
• Submit performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plans and department goals.
• Coach, mentor and develop staff including identifying and creating opportunities for ongoing professional development.
• Promote individual responsibility.
• Celebrate our successes.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of current business practices and computing systems, interfaces, and standard software and hardware requirements.
• Knowledge of IS Service Management and ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL) is a must.
• Working knowledge of best practice metrics for service measurement.
• Knowledge of IS systems and infrastructure in support of the delivery of services and solutions.
• Knowledge of, identity management and solutions for provisioning access to systems and information.
• Telecommunication technologies for call center as well as general understanding ofWAN/LAN and wireless solutions.
• Apply the following: regulations (PCI, HIPAA, JCAHO), ITAM (IT Asset Management), Service Desk / Call Center standards (HDI) and other industry frameworks for controls and security (COBIT, ISO, HITRUST, HIPAA, etc.).
• Project management and planning, process mapping, group presentation, leadership, team building, written and verbal communication, analytical and organizational skills.
• Also required are the abilities to listen effectively, respond to sensitive inquiries or complaints, cope with an ambiguous or changing environment and have an unfailing sense of humor.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.