About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Network Analyst – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will support Local and Wide Area Networks by installing and maintaining an institutional data network.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Resolves technical issues
- Resolves technical issues involving network equipment and the software which operates it, supporting high availability applications, in multiple protocols, mixed media environment (copper and fiber-optic cabling plants.)
- Participates in application “baseline” analysis and the publishing of those results
- Works with vendors to resolve complex technical issues
- Participates in the resolution of complex technical issues involving multiple applications, systems, and technical teams following Departmental “Crisis Management” guidelines
Participates in network growth planning
- Attends meetings with vendors, other Institutional entities, and users to determine capacity requirements and connectivity issues
- Participates in the research, evaluation, and recommendation of new equipment and improvements for expansion and continued high performance of the IDS data network
- Participates in detailed evaluations of network performance and reliability through continued monitoring, testing, and trend analysis
- Participates in designing additions and changes to the IDS data network to improve performance and maintain reliability
Installs network hardware
- Provides input to test and project plans presented to the Change Control committees and participates in the execution of those plans
- Orders equipment and conducts initial testing and configuration. Coordinates returns of failed equipment
- Coordinates all changes with the affected departments to minimize service disruptions
- Coordinates the installation and advanced configuration of network equipment
Coordinates establishment of a network to host connection
- Meets with requesting user departments to discuss needs including new construction. Assists the Facilities Engineering Department with construction designs as requested
- Participates in the evaluation of network performance in response to new or changed connections
- Works with IS Operations to provide connectivity to new and existing systems in the “raised floor” equipment rooms
- Works with IS Project Managers to ensure the successful implementation of new systems and upgrades of existing ones
Maintains network documentation
- Ensures documentation of all network connections of users, systems, and networking equipment
- Reviews labeling and documentation of other Network Analysts
- Prepares and maintains complex network diagrams including all ISO protocol layer details.
Maintains network equipment and “hot” spare device inventor
- Maintains the inventory and storage of spare networking equipment and ensures its proper configuration and operation for future use
- Executes and modifies (as necessary) a preventive maintenance program for all “in service” network equipment
- Documents old equipment and coordinates its retirement with Workstation Support and Asset Management
- Documents new equipment for inclusion in maintenance contracts and coordinates asset tagging with Asset Management
Installs and maintains remote access and firewall equipment
- Works with IS Security to manage access to the TCH IDS Data Network by remote users
- Works with Technical Services Staff to maintain remote access and firewall hardware and software
- Monitors remote access bandwidth usage to forecast growth
- Assists in the resolution of remote access users’ connectivity issues
Performs other essential job-related duties
- Follows connectivity requirements and construction standards for the IDS data network. Inspects contractor’s work for adherence to those standards
- Performs duties as assigned by the Network Manager and other Senior Network Analysts
- Provides guidance to Information Services and other Department’s staff in assisting them in resolving complex problems
- Participates in Project Teams, researching and installing new hardware and software applications in the ID
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2 years in network experience
- Good to have: some experience in protocols, IT principles, IoT
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.