About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in nine convenient community locations across the greater Houston area. Texas Children’s Urgent Care has also expanded to serve the children and families of Austin, Texas, with its first community location in South Austin. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids, lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site. To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a part-time Certified Diagnostic Tech -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform radiological exams and perform technical laboratory test and report results timely to providers.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs radiological exams
• Processes specimens according to manufacturer instructions
• Performs and documents scheduled quality control, instrument maintenance and calibration procedures according to manufacturer information
• Assures Outside Lab results are received and provider is notified
• Performs quality control procedures, instrument calibration testing, proficiency testing and maintains supply par levels
• Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers, and other health care team members
• Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per site protocol
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• MRT from the state of Texas required
• BLS from the American Heart Association required
• MT-AMT from ASCP or AMT preferred
• 1-year Radiology Technologist experience preferred