About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an ECHO Sonographer III — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform high-quality and complex echocardiographic exams. You will independently perform TEE studies on patients that range in age from neonates to adults.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Perform high-quality echocardiographic exams and collaborate with the cardiology staff to make accurate diagnoses of complex congenital and acquired pediatric heart abnormalities
• Assist and participate with the technical echocardiographic training of technologists, Pediatric Fellows, and visitors
• Perform daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment, and ensure all supplies and equipment are checked for deficiencies and safe for operation
• Demonstrate customer service skills and collaborate with departmental staff and other health care professions to ensure high-quality patient care
• Engage in quality assurance control on the team while monitoring the completion of all departmental, regulatory, and professional training requirements as designated
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Technical diploma from a school of ultrasound (e.g., Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or a bachelor’s degree in biological science
• Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), or Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer with Sonography Canada
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an echo sonographer with two (2) years in a pediatric environment