About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an OB Float Pool Nurse! – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principals and cost effective care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assesses patient with input from the patient/family
- Involves patient/family in the patient’s plan of care
- Implements high quality, cost effective patient care in conjunction with the patient/family
- Evaluates plan of care
- Educates patient and family
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Accountable for managing time and resources in a cost-effective manner
- Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participates in development of others
- Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred)
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Nurse Licensure Compact and BLS certification are required
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience
- Must have L&D, Triage, Antepartum, and Mother/Baby Unit experience
- Knowledge of the principles of biological, physical, and social science
- Knowledge of observation, assessment, intervention, evaluation, care and counsel
- Knowledge of health teaching of persons who are ill
- Knowledge of health or prevention of illness
- Knowledge of administration of medications or treatments
- Knowledge of administration, supervision, and evaluation of nursing practices, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of developmental (age-appropriate) nursing practices
- Ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate good time and resource management skills
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate unit specific equipment
Experience in the following units REQUIRED:
• MBU providing couplet care
• OB Triage
• Labor & Delivery
• High Risk Women's Services including Gyn and OB patients on Women's Specialty Unit
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.