About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) is the largest Texas Medicaid managed care organization, and is part of the Texas Children’s healthcare system. Founded in 1996, TCHP is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. Our plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three service areas (Harris, Jefferson, North East). Members of the plan receive care from our network of more than 4,000 primary care physicians, 8,000 specialists, and 110 hospitals. They can also receive care at The Center for Children and Women, a patient and family-centered medical home with two convenient locations for TCHP members who can have all their medical needs met in one place, receiving multiple services the same day. TCHP is a recognized leader at encouraging holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives. To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Staff Nurse in Pediatrics -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will gather information, assesses and provides direct care to patients.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assist in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
· Assess patient with input from patient/family and provides general patient care
· Collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
· Identify patient’s needs pertaining to patient teaching, care planning, growth and development, nutritional screening, functional status, and pain management
· Administer medication as directed by provider and appropriate policies and procedures
· Triages presenting patient complaint per practice protocol
· Collect Specimens and Perform Laboratory Test
· Demonstrate commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
· Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers, and other health care team members in order to foster a patient centric model
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption