About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Technical Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assistance to the Pediatric Radiology Department in a manner that is appropriate for patients ranging in age from 0-18 years of age.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Transports patients promptly to and from patient rooms and patient care service areas, e.g., Emergency Center, Recovery rooms, and Radiology rooms via wheelchair or stretcher, as documented on Dispatch Log and observed by the leader
• Render first aid when necessary and notify appropriate personnel of emergency situations, as documented by the quality improvement monitor, leader, or medical staff
• Consistently display a professional demeanor as observed by guests, staff, or the leader
• Participate in continuing education and in-service programs by attending section meeting, workshops, and seminars; reads professional publications and reviews procedure manuals; attends classes
• Clean all equipment regularly following cleaning procedure and manufacturers’ recommendations as observed by the leader
• Participate in the professional development of oneself and others
• Ensure that unscheduled absences do not exceed 4 occurrences per year and punctuality is maintained as outlined in the department attendance policy
• Assist in placing patient in wheelchair or on stretcher safely, provide physical assistance to ambulatory patients and transport patients to requested or designated area, as observed by the leader
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 3 years’ experience in a hospital setting required