About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are looking for a Sr. Speech Pathologist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will appropriately diagnose and treat patients primarily between the ages of 0 – 21 years with speech, oral motor/swallowing, language, and learning disorders.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Experienced with management of pediatric dysphagia
- Able to informally evaluate cognitive-linguistic deficits
- Familiarity with pediatric airway disorders
- Strong understanding of progression of oral feeding development from newborn to transitional feeders
- Able to collaborate and effectively communicate with members of medical team
- Maintains records as required by law, IDS policy and administrative regulations
- Administers formal tests as needed
- Makes referrals for other evaluations as appropriate
- Provides in-service teaching to colleagues
- Promotes speech-language pathology services within the community and the IDS
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology field of study required
- CCC-SLP certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association required
- TX-SLP license from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation required
- 1-year professional speech-language pathology experience with pediatrics required
- Experience with pediatric population highly preferred
- Feeding and swallowing experience - nice to have
- Bilingual - nice to have
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.