About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Facilities Database Coordinator -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide drawing and database support to the Facilities Program Manager(s) and the Facilities Planning & Development department, use computer-aided design (CAD) equipment and software to prepare and maintain facility drawings and standards. You will also manage facility data updates including architectural background layouts, space allocation drawings and compliance/regulatory maps, maintain drawing standards and provide general support services to the Facilities Program Management staff.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Manages and maintains the facility databases, including but not limited to cost center space allocation database, work order database, facility asset (art, signage) database(s), and digital drawing database
- Manages and maintains the department digital drawings, including but not limited to proper layering conventions, file naming, file locations and versions to ensure the most accurate and up-to-date information on an ongoing basis
- Maintains department digital and hard copy drawing files on a scheduled basis, ensuring all documents are spatially accurate, technically correct, filed properly and readily available. Gathers data to maintain and complete drawings by visiting facilities
- Coordinates with Facilities Project Managers and responsible personnel to ensure all proper drawing documentation is updated and accounted for including but not limited to digital and hard copy construction document set(s), CAD background drawings, Cost Center drawings, Life Safety drawings, Emergency Facility Use plans, MedGas Zone Valve maps and Evacuation maps
- Develops and coordinates work processes for digital drawing creation, maintenance, integration, and distribution to external consultants
- Develops and coordinates work processes for digital and hard copy drawing storage and retrieval in departmental resource library and shared network space
- Manages internal and external relationships through effective communication
- Leads and participates in a collaborative team environment to achieve best possible outcomes
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 7 years database and/or computer-aided drafting (CAD) experience required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.