About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Supply Chain Manager -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage Supply Chain operations and provide support to the Supply Chain Management Assistant Director with accountability for Supply Chain operations in assigned areas, and for assigned personnel. You will also manage operations within budget and ensure administrative controls are in place to provide appropriate stewardship over assets, supplies, and purchased goods.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Oversees the management of Supply Chain Inventory Management operations for supplies and moveable equipment
- Leads and supervises personnel in a professional manner to ensure that supplies and/or equipment are distributed and may also ensure that all inventories are balanced and managed in a cost-efficient manner
- Utilizes and/or oversees the operation of Supply Chain automation systems, including Omnicell and Optiflex system administration and supply point-of-use automation, and other Supply Chain automation systems such as RFID tracking
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and processes to sustain and to improve Inventory Management services quality, productivity, and efficiency
- Attends and represents the department at management meetings within the Hospital and at professional meetings outside the hospital
- Participates in cross- functional meetings and process improvement projects, as well as systems upgrades
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Purchasing, Materials Management, Finance, Logistics, or other healthcare, engineering, logistics, or business related field of study preferred
- 3 years’ experience in inventory, logistics, and/or distribution required
- 3 years’ experience in logistics and distribution within a healthcare setting preferred
- 3 years supervisory/management experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.