About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
To provide management of Human Resources at Texas Children's community hospitals by applying HR programs, policies, and procedures in a consistent manner; advising management and staff regarding resolution of various issues/concerns; and providing services including, but not limited to, employee relations, training, employee communications and event management, and positive employee relations.
• Ensures Employee Relations processes and practices meet departmental and organizational goals/needs and are conducted in accordance with all federal guidelines and regulations, Texas Children’s policies, and Joint Commmission standards.
• Provides strategic direction to staff development to assess needs and serve as expert on high level issues. Maintains partnership with System HR in training delivery.
• Provides leadership, input and strategic direction regarding workforce communications, events and positive employee relations. Maintains partnership with System HR for consistency in messaging.
• Actively develops strategic relationships with leaders to ensure positive partnerships with leaders and work groups.
• Develops positive working relationships with other HR leaders to ensure alignment of goals and objectives, coordination of services, and effective teamwork.