About Texas Children's HospitalStrategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Specialty Care offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans. Texas Children's Specialty Care locations use child-sized medical equipment in colorful, child-friendly atmospheres that cater to young patients' needs and interests. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in a healthcare setting. You will also assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
• Facilitates the appointment check-in procedure
• Collaborates with clinic staff to ensure efficient patient flow
• Provides high quality, cost-effective patient care in collaboration with clinicians and in conjunction with the patient/family
• May collect specimens and performs Point of Care Testing
• Completes check out for patients and families
• Monitors patient flow and fills in or assigns staff as necessary to avoid bottleneck and assure minimal patient wait and alone time
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.