About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Physical Therapist to work in our developmental outpatient clinic- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will plan, evaluate, organize and implement Physical Therapy (PT) treatment programs in a developmentally and age-appropriate manner for patients ages 0 - adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Completes patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines
- Develops an individualized plan of care based upon evaluation/reassessment findings according to hospital and departmental guidelines
- Provides clinical support to assigned outpatient clinic or specialty program
- Provides successful mentorship opportunities to less experienced staff (in area of specialty) as determined by evaluations completed by the “learner”
- Documents patient information in Electronic Medical Record according to hospital and departmental guidelines with no more than six (6) errors per year
- Provides clinical leadership role as a clinical instructor for at least 1 professional student per year
- Informs manager or designee of all unsafe and potentially unsafe situations, patient/personal injury, anticipated problems and unusual situations
- Actively participates in the development and gathering of Quality Improvement information
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Degree in Physical Therapy required
- PT certification from the state of Texas required
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association preferred
- 2 years clinical experience OR 1 year medical residency experience preferred
- Experience with torticollis and pediatrics preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.