About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Security Officer, Lieutenant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will lead, motivate, train, and supervise Protection Force in protecting staff, patients, visitors, and assets. You will efficiently handle customer inquiries, requests for assistance and ensuring smooth traffic flow. You will also provide support to the Security Operations Manager and Protection Force by ensuring daily security operations are conducted in an efficient manner.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists in conducting Basic Training, Department Training and In-Service Training as needed
- Assigns available personnel in an efficient manner, ensuring minimum staffing levels are achieved in accordance with departmental guidance
- Observes and reports all conditions inside and outside of the Hospital for potential threats to the safety of patients, visitors, employees and medical staff
- Prepares performance evaluations to document technical proficiency, competence, and professional demeanor for the Protection Force
- Ensures hospital owned vehicles are maintained by officers and operated as defined by departmental and hospital procedures
- Responds to and assists hospital personnel with patient transport, elevator prioritization and reports during fire alarms, accidents, missing child alerts and elevator entrapments
- Attends and completes hospital and departmental required training. Successfully completes all necessary exams for initial and ongoing certifications
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED required
- CommSO from the Texas Department of Public Safety-Private Security Board required within 90 days of employment
- CAHSC from the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety required within 90 days of entering the role
- Texas driver’s license required within 90 days of entering the role required
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check demonstrating a clear driving record as defined by the routine driver qualifications outlined in the Fleet Safety Policy and Procedure by the job entry date
- Must maintain a clear driving record
- Must pass a Physical Fitness Test performed by Employee Health Services and/or an affiliate by the job entry date
- 4 years security, law enforcement, or military experience required
- A bachelor’s degree may substitute for two years of the required security, law enforcement, or military experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.