About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Supervisor of Payment Operations -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide day-to-day direction and oversight to the payment operations team and serves as a resource for the department on highly complex issues and problem resolution.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Manages the deployment of people and resources to ensure the teams are manned at all appropriate times and daily workload is effectively managed
- Manages team members’ performance to ensure delivery on defined key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with organizational policies and procedures
- Identifies training and development needs within the team and works with representatives from the Revenue Cycle Training Team (RCET) and Human Resources (HR) and leadership team to ensure continuous growth and development for the departmental staff
- Implements quality control procedures in conjunction with the Quality Team to ensure process adherence and delivery of quality service
- Prepares in advance for monthly one-to-one feedback meetings with direct reports. Follows the prescribed review format and ensures proper written documentation of all topics to be discussed during the meeting
- Reviews, documents, and approves refund requests (approvals based on Levels of Authority and/or as assigned by senior leadership) including managing the time lag between submissions of refund packets and processing of refunds on the check register
- Ensures payments received by third party payors are correct and the proper contractual discounts/allowances have been applied according to the contract matrix or government reimbursement rates prior to approval of refund.
- Monitors timekeeping system to ensure adherence to punctuality and attendance expectations in accordance with Hospital and departmental policies and procedures as measured by timekeeping reports and other performance and productivity metrics
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years’ experience in a healthcare business office setting with hospital or billing knowledge required
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree may substitute for the required experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.